Salary: up to £27,500 pa
At Twizzle Tops Day Nursery our aim is to give each child a safe, happy, and stimulating day that is carefully planned to meet each individual’s needs.
We employ childcare qualified and experienced staff who are supported in their ongoing learning and development to ensure they are able to help each child reach their full potential.
Our team offers a caring environment for children to work at their own rate of learning and development and, ensuring they provide secure foundations for their future life skills.
We are looking for enthusiastic childcare qualified practitioners who are passionate about helping children to have a magical day of learning through play.
- Support and liaise with the management structure on a daily basis
- Lead and be responsible for the daily running and administration of the nursery during the Managers/Deputy’s absence.
- Key holder responsibility and security.
- Ensure the nursery meets the required standards, ratios and conditions of registration
- Adhering to Company policy and procedure and complying with the Children’s Act 1989 and 2004
- Implementing the Companies Safeguarding/Child Protection Policy and Procedures
- Possessing a thorough knowledge of OfSTED, Statutory Framework and effectively implementing these requirements
- Supporting and monitoring EYFS statutory framework to ensure each child develops within a stimulating environment.
- Monitor the completion of children’s developmental and observation records
- Ensure the nursery offers an environment which reflects the cultural diversity of all children
- To ensure that all children are supported, the nursery is all inclusive and all staff/management are expected to meet the individual needs of all children. You are required to 1:1 any child in the care of the nursery, or shadow a child and support them in all aspects of their care and learning as required
- To carry out observations on all children as required.
- To be responsible for providing a high quality of teaching and learning, ensuring that staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
- Supporting the Management structure in organising and attending a minimum of two parents/carers evenings each year
- Supporting the Management structure in organising and attending events that publicise the nursery, these may include fundraising events, open weekends, Partyman Company events
- Supporting the Management structure in developing links with the local community to create a positive nursery profile
- Supporting the Management structure in creating and maintaining successful and professional partnership with parents/carers
- Ensuring close supervision of children during all meal times and adhering to the allergy and dietary requirements of all children within the nursery
- Adhering to the Company reporting procedures
- Following Company procedure for the positive management of children’s behaviour
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by senior management in accordance with the rooms business plan/objectives
- Working with the Management structure to follow the Companies procedures to ensure effective recruitment of employees.
- Supporting staff, students, volunteers and regular visitors to the nursery, including staff from Partyman World who may cover on occasions.
- Identifying and addressing staff training needs in liaison with the Manager.
- Supporting staff to ensure their performance is effective and in line with Company Policy and Procedure and if necessary implementing the Companies disciplinary procedures.
- Deploying staff effectively to maintain the correct staff ratios.
- Supporting the Management structure in providing leadership and day to day management for the nursery staff
- Supporting the Manager and Deputy Manager in cascading effectively to all employees changes to documents/procedures as directed by the Company.
- Providing positive role model to the staff team.
- Maintaining staff motivation.
- Supporting the Management structure in leading, managing and developing the nursery team ensuring that each staff member makes a positive contribution to the success of the nursery
- Chairing and attending regular Senior Management team, staff and room meetings.
- Support the Manager in facilitating and attending regular internal and external training including SENCO meetings.
Health and Safety
- Complying with Health and Safety legislation
- Remaining aware and observant of all health and safety issues in the nursery and where possible reduce the risk of an accident occurring through preventative actions
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register
- Promoting health and safety in the room through role modelling and attending training
- Maintain the highest standard of cleanliness/tidiness within the nursery
- Carrying out health and safety checks within Company Policies and Procedures
- Adhering to health and safety procedures including the carrying out of risk assessments
- Being aware of the outcome of risk assessment and fully implementing the specified controls
- Remain aware and observant of all health and safety issues in the nursery and where possible reducing the risk of any accident, even in the absence of a risk assessment
- Promoting health and safety through periodical briefs on the importance of health and safety, or staff training where necessary
- Supporting the Manager in keeping and monitoring accident and incident records and reports
- Ensuring the Company medicine procedures are adhered to
- Maintaining allergy management systems in line with Company Policy
- Minimum Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Knowledge of child development
- Awareness of health and safety requirements within the nursery
- Knowledge of regulations in relation to child protection/Safeguarding Children’s Board
- Previous experience of caring for, or working with children aged 0-5 in a voluntary or paid capacity
- Sound Knowledge of EYFS
- Knowledge of the Statutory Framework for the regulation of childcare provision
- A commitment to the provision of high quality childcare
- Understanding of the importance of equal opportunities in the workplace
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Clear pathways for progression to Senior and Management roles
- Access to multiple specialist courses such as SEN
- An outstanding induction programme
- Up to a 40% discount on childcare fees
- Free uniform provided
- Apprenticeship schemes
- Team social events