At Twizzle Tops Day Nursery our aim is to give each child a safe, happy, and stimulating day that is carefully planned to meet each individual’s needs.
We employ childcare-qualified and experienced staff who are supported in their ongoing learning and development to ensure they are able to help each child reach their full potential.
Our team offers a caring environment for children to work at their own rate of learning and development and, ensure they provide secure foundations for their future life skills.
We are looking for enthusiastic childcare-qualified practitioners who are passionate about helping children to have a magical day of learning through play.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and education to all children in our care.
- Act as Designated Safeguarding Lead at the nursery, holding overall responsibility for the day to day running of the nursery and management of safeguarding and child protection policies – monitoring and improving practice and behaviours that underpin our high performance safety culture.
- In collaboration with the Nursery Manager, contribute to succession planning, identification and delivery of relevant training, and supporting professional development plans, including coaching and mentoring for all colleagues.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with colleagues, parents and/or carers, as well as other professionals, to meet the needs of each child.
- Promote the nursery to both current parents, and potential customers, to support retention and ongoing occupancy growth.
- Engage with the Local Authority to understand the local offer, to support practice in all areas of the nursery.
What we’re looking for
- Full and Relevant Level 3 or above Early Years qualification (essential).
- Experience within an Early Years leadership role (ideally as a Deputy Manager, Assistant Manager, Third in Charge or similar).
- Experience in participating in a regulatory inspection, leading to a “Good” or “Outstanding” outcome.
- Confident decision maker, with previous experience providing support and leadership to others to enable staff in fulfilling their roles and responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding, Child Protection, and the wider legislative requirements for working with children.
- Ability to build trust and strong working relationships with both colleagues and parents.
- Ability to use a variety of techniques to clearly and successfully communicate with both children and adults.
- Above industry standard salary, with salary reviews.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
- Access to a wide selection of training programmes, supporting your individual career path, with career development opportunities across our network of nurseries.
- Access to multiple specialist courses such as SEN.
- An outstanding induction programme.
- Up to a 40% discount on childcare fees.
- 40% discount on employee lunch.
- Free uniform provided.
- Apprenticeship schemes.
- Team social events.
- Employee Appreciation through our annual conference and awards day.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.