At Twizzle Tops Day Nursery our aim is to give each child a safe, happy, and stimulating day that is carefully planned to meet each individual’s needs.
We employ childcare qualified and experienced staff who are supported in their ongoing learning and development to ensure they are able to help each child reach their full potential.
Our team offers a caring environment for children to work at their own rate of learning and development and, ensuring they provide secure foundations for their future life skills.
We are looking for enthusiastic childcare qualified practitioners who are passionate about helping children to have a magical day of learning through play.
- Support and liaise with the Manager and Deputy Manager
- Implementing the Companies Safeguarding/Child Protection Policy and Procedures
- Possessing a thorough knowledge of OfSTED, Statutory Framework and effectively implementing these requirements
- To take responsibility for drawing up daily, weekly and sessional curriculum plans which take into account the requirements of the EYFS
- To monitor the effectiveness of the room curriculum.
- To monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures
- To organise the key person system and to effectively supervise staff on a daily basis, to be responsible for monitoring the quality of teaching
- Supporting and monitoring the statutory framework to ensure each child develops within a stimulating environment
- Ensuring the nursery offers an environment which reflects the cultural diversity of all children
- To be responsible for providing a high quality of teaching and learning, ensuring that staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
- Ensuring planning is done in the room in a timely fashion and meets the need of the child through EYFS and Every Child Matters
- Adhering to the Company reporting procedures
- Supporting the Manager and Deputy Manager in organising and attending at least 2 Parents Evenings per year
- Supporting the Manager and Deputy Manager in organising and attending events that publicise the nursery, these may include fundraising events, open weekends, Partyman Company events
- Supporting the Manager and Deputy Manager in developing links with the local community to create a positive nursery profile
- Supporting the Manager and Deputy Manager in creating and maintaining successful and professional partnership with parents/carers
- Ensuring close supervision of children during all meal times and adhering to the allergy and dietary requirements of all children within the nursery
- Following Company procedure for the positive management of children’s behaviour
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by management in accordance with the rooms business plan/objectives
- Minimum Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Knowledge of child development
- Awareness of health and safety requirements within the nursery
- Knowledge of regulations in relation to child protection/Safeguarding Children’s Board
- Previous experience of caring for, or working with children aged 0-5 in a voluntary or paid capacity
- Sound Knowledge of EYFS
- Knowledge of the Statutory Framework for the regulation of childcare provision
- A commitment to the provision of high quality childcare
- Understanding of the importance of equal opportunities in the workplace
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Clear pathways for progression to Senior and Management roles
- Access to multiple specialist courses such as SEN
- An outstanding induction programme
- Up to a 40% discount on childcare fees
- Free uniform provided
- Apprenticeship schemes
- Team social events