At Twizzle Tops Day Nursery our aim is to give each child a safe, happy, and stimulating day that is carefully planned to meet each individual’s needs.
We employ childcare qualified and experienced staff who are supported in their ongoing learning and development to ensure they are able to help each child reach their full potential.
Our team offers a caring environment for children to work at their own rate of learning and development and, ensuring they provide secure foundations for their future life skills.
We are looking for enthusiastic childcare qualified practitioners who are passionate about helping children to have a magical day of learning through play.
- Support and liaise with the Manager and Childcare Director on a daily basis
- Deputise for the Nursery Manager and being responsible for the daily running and administration of the nursery during the Managers absence.
- Key holder responsibility and security
- Ensure the nursery meets the required standards, ratios and conditions of registration
- Adhering to Company policy and procedure and complying with the Children’s Act 1989 and 2004
- Implementing the Companies Safeguarding/Child Protection Policy and Procedures
- Possessing a thorough knowledge of OfSTED, Statutory Framework and effectively implementing these requirements
- Supporting and monitoring EYFS statutory framework to ensure each child develops within a stimulating environment.
- Monitor the completion of children’s developmental and observation records
- To be responsible for the monitoring of and addressing all instances of poor practice in the rooms
- Ensure the nursery offers an environment which reflects the cultural diversity of all children
- To be responsible for providing a high quality of teaching and learning, ensuring that staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
- Supporting the Manager in organising and attending a minimum of two parents/carers evenings each year
- Supporting the Manager in organising and attending events that publicise the nursery, these may include fundraising events, open weekends, Partyman Company events
- Supporting the Manager in developing links with the local community to create a positive nursery profile
- Supporting the Manager in creating and maintaining successful and professional partnership with parents/carers
- Ensuring close supervision of children during all meal times and adhering to the allergy and dietary requirements of all children within the nursery
- Adhering to the Company reporting procedures
- Following Company procedure for the positive management of children’s behaviour
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by senior management in accordance with the rooms business plan/objectives
- Supporting the Manager to effectively manage the nursery budget
- Liaise effectively with all Head Office Departments
- Minimum Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Experience in senior responsibility
- Ability to manage and monitor staff
- Knowledge of child development
- Ability to ensure effective child development monitoring
- Awareness of health and safety requirements within the nursery
- Knowledge of regulations in relation to child protection/Safeguarding Children’s Board
- Previous experience of caring for, or working with children aged 0-5 in a voluntary or paid capacity
- Sound Knowledge of EYFS
- Knowledge of the Statutory Framework for the regulation of childcare provision
- A commitment to the provision of high quality childcare
- Understanding of the importance of equal opportunities in the workplace
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- Computer literacy
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Clear pathways for progression to Senior and Management roles
- Access to multiple specialist courses such as SEN
- An outstanding induction programme
- Up to a 40% discount on childcare fees
- Free uniform provided
- Apprenticeship schemes
- Team social events